Thursday, August 16, 2007

shadow of emotions

there was a grey cloud filled celing a little too close to my head
as i stumbled along the road in my black treads
while my eyes focused down low
the corner of the crumbling brick building showed the tip of a shadow

a shadow? from where?
i tried to put my FOOT on why it was there

i decided i KNEEded to find its source
so i followed the SEX LINES up the pavement in a convoluted course
--
as i fingered Bach on my HIP i tried to understand
how to organize the thoughts i had at HAND

...
to see a shadow like this
during this thick mist
i am very confused on how it could exist
could it be happiness?, no that would be a twist
...

walking with my thoughts i accidently tripped
on the PIKO in the ground that i inadvertenly kicked

i searched for a way to get up on my own
thats when i reached for the COLLAR BONE
brushed myself off and fixed my hair
i hope that no one saw how i got there

i looked at the shadow one more time
this time it was a bit more defined
so i kept walking along on this trek
as i held my left hand up by my NECK

i suddenly stopped and moved my focus from down to top
which brought my stride to a sudden stop

i quickly shielded my EYES from the light
as i managed to make out what was in sight

at this moment, my heart did glow
as i looked at the one who made this illusory shadow
so now i know
that in his arms is where i shall go


-----

written for a friend...

2 comments:

Jon said...

Hey, I really like it.

A few comments if you'd like to hear it. The fourth paragraph is a bit confusing just because it references the hands and fingers and then thigh (which is below the sex lines) BUt, it the parts are only identified when you capitalize them, then nm. Actually, NM, because I guess that is what the ... is for?

Nooy said...

I like how the poem starts flowing more and more while you get furter into it! But you will have to explain me some things at some point!
This blog does have you written all over that and I'm absolutely in LOVE with that painting! that wave which you can see through, Britt, seriously, I need to go stare at it!