Wednesday, October 24, 2007

yellow leaf

i know what its like to live your life
just hanging out in the sunshine
blowing in the wind
soaking up the rain

i know how happy you are
from the moment you spring to life
through the warm, bright months
you are vibrant, you are green, you just live

i know what its like once everything changes
and the sun doesn't hang out as much
the wind isn't so nice
and the rain is frigid

i know how you feel when your friends can't take it
when they want to just leave
most of them do
but not you

i know what it's like to want things how they were
but they just won't
so even as you try to hold on to your color
it slips away

i know what it's like to be that yellow leaf...

4 comments:

Jon said...

that was amazing. that was a perfect example of how inspiration can come from anything.

Snowy said...

B-e-a-uuuuuuuuuutiful!

Snowy said...

Write another one already, haha.

I FINALLY wrote a new poem... wow, that was a long hiatus for me. It was forced, so I'm feeling kind of blah about it.

Nooy said...

Britt.... did I ever tell you you were awesome?! NEways.. my painting is on it's way and I will link to this blog! Man I donlt have time to finish it tonight so I have to wait another three days... bugger! I wanna pull an alnighter and be done with it already!
Did you make that picture too btw? it is so beautiful with that light! Keep it up the spirit! through wind and rain and other nasty weather, even if you turn white ;)